Saturday, April 22, 2006

The *Jan* Pic

Several of you keep asking me bring this pic back as my blogger profile pic. Well, that just isn't going to happen! LOL...Just like all of you that change your pic every once in a while, I too get tired of using the same old pic all the time. I used this one for months. Right now I prefer using something other than me. So here is your fav pic to once again look at & when you get the urge to see it, just find this post. hehehe....
Today I am taking some wedding photography for a friend/co~worker daughter's wedding. I've been telling her for the past year that when her daughter got married, I would be willing to take the pics. Unfortunately for me, Murphy's Law, it ended up being now, only 4 weeks into my recovery from surgery time. Ugh. I can't bend over to do things or pose them correctly. My incision area has been bothering me a bit the past couple of days. However, Rob and my mother will be going with me. Rob for my moral support and mom to help pose them. This was mom's job when her and my dad did wedding photography years ago. She's a little out of practice, but my best bet since I won't be able to really do anything but snap the pic. I did go yesterday and buy a new flash unit for our digital camera. I read the book and took a few pics around here last night to get used to using it. It makes the camera sooo much more heavier! LOL...I'm not suppose to lift anything over 10 pounds, and this feels like it comes awful close now! I'm not charging my friend anything to take them, as they don't have $$ and they were going to end up only having snapshots taken by guests. I figure I can do better than that for them! At least I'm hoping I can. Wish me luck!

10 comments:

O' Natur Nail said...

good luck!!! you take amazing pics!

Emily said...

You are very talented, Jan. And thanks for a last hurrah with that wedding pic. It really is a beautiful photo. I do understand changing your profile pic though. I tend to sick of seeing mine too. Even if it's a good one!

Bear said...

I really love that pic, so creative! I wish you well on the wedding, way to much stress for me! Sounds like this is something you know how to do which was my problem. Like I've said before, I don't do people well!

Bob said...

Jan, you know how I feel about that pic. Thanks for bringing it out again. :)

heavenlydm said...

I agree with everyone else...it's a great pic. You just wanna be a tease...lol.

That's really nice of you to sacrifice yourself to try and do your friend's pics. Hopefully everything will work out for you, mom and her, and I hope your incision site feels better.

Melissa said...

Jan, read on EMily's blog you went to Chico State. Are you still living in Tehama county? Just curious because I was born in Redding but I live in Reno now by way of Vegas.

Danielle said...

Love, love, love this pic of you! Hope you are feeling well!

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»