Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Long Awaited Post (or - Jan is Laaaazy!)

Burnt my finger making dinner and of course its my right index one. I really did a number on it. Looks nasty. Only feels good on ice. LOL...as soon as I take it off the ice bag, it hurts like shit.

Ok, stepped away from here for a bit and the finger is now doing much better after icing it for over an hour. Gonna be a NICE blister! LOL...at least I can type better now and not have to hunt and peck. hehehe....

So what has everyone been up too? Work is driving me crazy as usual. Has been a madhouse since I got back. My co~worker is convinced they saved up shit for when I got back. LOL...she may be onto something there.

I'm finally getting back into the swing of exercise! Whoa! LOL...at least I have maintained my weight the past few months. Dropped and gained the same 5 pounds over and over and over. It's getting old now. So I think I am finally ready to give this a go again. What is it about warm summer days that make you renew the faith to get the weight off? This will be a lifetime struggle, so I best get used to it now.

I email with Amy Smith, Chris (cygnet) and Tina (tmarie) daily. I could not do this without them. They are my rocks. As are all of you, but they have really been here for me thru my surgery and other shit that I don't mention here. I'm trying to plan a trip to meet Amy maybe in Sept. Rob has to cover for a co-worker that has cancer and is going out soon for his surgery and will be gone for several months.

Ok, I need to go upload some pics for you all...so I will be back shortly.

Done uploading pics - did you miss me? hehehe...Now I just gotta add them all to this post. 17 total. LOL...when it rains, it pours! I know you all want to see some wedding pics that I took for my friend, but her daughter and her mom really didn't want me posting them to my blog. I will post a few (they don't know my blog addy) but I will take them off this post in a couple of days. So if you snooze, you lose! Also, Amy sent me a pic that she took of herself and had me turn it black and white, soft focus and leave part in color. She has allowed me to show you all my talents at Paint Shop Pro. I have really started to master that program and it's awesome! I highly recommend it. Also, a few from the wedding are special effects as well. Then we have some of our new pool. We are going to have a pool and BBQ party on June 24th for our 1st wedding anniv. It should be tons of fun! Lastly, there is one of me and Sierraslim from the NS board. She lives here too and we met up a couple weeks ago and I took some before pics of her and some of the rose garden at the Capitol. Boy do I ever need to lose weight! I look TERRIBLE!!! ugh...I almost didnt post any of me.

Enjoy....


Back yard before...

Back yard after....
Ugh! bad Jan for gaining back that weight!



The Duck Family....

Some new shoes! Very comfy..sorry for the ugly feet/toes!

Yucky Jan & Beautiful Sierraslim!

Love this rose!

This rose is my current desktop pic...


Beautiful Amy!

I hope you all enjoyed! I will try to be better at posting more often again! I just have a lot on my plate right now with work and other photo projects. I'm making a wedding book for the couple above and then I took some retirement pics at my firm for a great man who retired last Thursday. I want to do him a book as well. Plus I want to make a parents wedding album for my friend as a surprise. LOL...so busy busy!!! Hugs to all!

19 comments:

Cygnet said...

Love the pics! They're gorgeous! If I weren't so computer stupid, as you well know, I'd be buying that program in a heartbeat. Of course I don't have your talent in the photography arena, so my pics definitely wouldn't be anywhere near as good as yours! I hope you can make it to CO to visit Amy! You guys will have a blast. We'll still have to drag her butt out to CA sometime! Tell her we have an ocean or something, wouldya?

Amy said...

Hey my friend! :) The pics are great. Thanks for sharing. You know I couldn't go a day without your e-mails. Love ya! Looking forward to your visit; otherwise I'm coming out there to see you all. :) Wish me luck convincing Mike on that one. hehe

Amy

Cygnet said...

Jan, stay here, stay here!! Then we can get Amy to take a vacation! Lord knows, she needs one. LOL

O' Natur Nail said...

the pics are great jan!! you're so talented :) hope your finger feels better!!

Flavia said...

About time you posted again ;). LOL about the finger, it seems like everytime I want to cook something I cut or burn something in the process so I feel your pain! Have a great night, great pictures :).

Renee said...

Love alol the pics! That pool is gonna be great!

Emily said...

JAN!!! You finally posted! I love the new profile picture. The sunglasses are too cute. Those wedding photos are great. You are very talented. I'll tell you what. If I ever get married, you're hired. Just don't rip me off, okay?

Jamie said...

Well, look who's back!!! And with pictures to share. Yipppeee!!! Glad to see you doing so well. You luck great. Definately not 'yucky'!! Enjoy your pool. It looks so inviting.

Your anniversary party is right around the corner. I hope that means more pics. :) Take care and by the way.....Woo Hoo for maintaining all this time. That is a huge accomplishment.

Scarlett O'Hara said...

Chris & Amy - thanks for always making me laugh! :) and keeping my spirits up the last few days about work! bleck....LOL

Tressa - Thanks! finger is fine now! back to typing full force the very next day! hehe

Flavia! - thanks! and dont burn yourself either! hehehe..usually im smart enough to realize i need to use a potholder for hot items! doh!

Amanda - no sun for me...i burn. im sure this summer with a pool i will burn really good! i have to wear a hat in the pool too...otherwise i burn my bald head! LOL

Renee - hiya girlie! i gotta come see your blog so im heading there when im done here! :)

Em!! - hey, you gotta email what i asked you about...im doing that this weekend now..so i will email ya again! hehe...Thanks for the compliments too! and i would never charge you!!! well, you could pay my airfare! and robs! hehehe...

Jamie - hi girlie! im sure i will take pics at the anniv. can't believe i weigh more tho then when i got married! definately "yucky" LOLOL

Sheryl said...

beautiful pics and i give you credit for getting infront of the camera - i haven't don't that in quite awhile. stop calling youself fat jan - i think you look fine!
enjoy that pool!

Melissa said...

Congrats on getting back the will to continue! sorry it's been so long since I last posted...been busy busy, but I'm back now. Love the pic effects you did on Amy. I love paint programs, they are so fun.

Sue said...

Awesome pictures -- you are so talented! I just point-and-shoot, upload & crop. I just can't get a handle on the paint & other photo programs. Now, ask me to setup and Excel spreadsheet or an Access database, and I'm on it!!

Happy Anniversary (a bit early)! I'm sure your party will be a blast!

PS -- send some of your newfound enthusiasm for losing weight over my way out her in PA!

Danielle said...

Hey! That pool is awesome! It will be nice and refreshing on a hot summers day. Glad to see you posted!
Love ya!

Bear said...

Love the pics, and the pool... ahh such a nice way to spend the weekend. I really like what you did with the pics of Amy, very creative! Between catching back up at work, and all the photographic work no wonder you are having problems finding time to post! I'm just glad to here things are going well for you.

wife2abadge said...

Wow -- my girls would kill for a pool like that! Gorgeous roses -- that's one thing I don't have any of...I need to get planting, I guess.

AsharEdith said...

Glad to read you are bck on your feet! Me... I'm just laaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzy. =0( I how the exercise bug bityes me sonn. =0)

Aaawww!
Love to way you worked Amy's photos!
How you leave a part with color? I have PS but don't know how to do a lot of things.

I posted a bunch of photos at my blog as well. LOL
My new hobby: Cake Decorating!

Anonymous said...

The pool looks fantastic! The ducks made me LOL.

Emily said...

Alright, Jan, you milked this post for all it was worth. Time for another one! LOL! :)

Scarlett O'Hara said...

I'm trying Em!! I was busy all weekend! LOL