Friday, July 14, 2006

Happy FFF Everyone!!!!

Ok, real quick because I'm at work and am super busy. As usual.

Which is why I haven't had time to post here. I am trying to visit a couple blogs a day tho...I am still here. You can always email me to see what's up. I sooo promise I will put up a new entry by this Sunday.

Work has been super busy and stressful. I'm having to help out with new things...if I don't, I know they will fire me. Boss thinks I wasn't busy enough because the temp at my desk while I was out for my surgery had "time on her hands". She was able to help him out and other dept. members. So he based my annual review on the 6 weeks I was out! I was sooo fucking pissed. I almost quit that day. I have been here for 8 yrs now and that was the worst review I have ever gotten! For him to tell me that I show no initiative to help others and that I dont have the firm's best interest at heart when it comes to maintaining the conflict database....I could have just screamed! He just started in Nov here...has never sat in my office to see how I preform my job..so how the hell can he make all these assumptions???? I go out of my way to make sure everything is accurate. I have found old typos in the system and always double and triple check and then have my co-worker change them if they are wrong. Grading me on a scale of 1-5, he gave me a 3! which is like getting a C in school! Average! I am soo fucking more than just "average" in this job.

Ok, venting over work done now. LOL..sorry about that!

I'm doing great on the exercise and healthy eating front. I have really stepped up my exercise lately and am on day 13 today of being 100% on plan, including water. The day of my anniv party - June 24th - I weighed in at 170.5 - down 5 pounds from June 2 - 175.5. I in no way ate enough cals to gain back to 174. But thats where the scale put me right after that party. LOL...

It has taken me 3 weeks to get back to 170.5! Which is where I'm at today - July 14th. I hope to be in the 160s by next Friday.

Exercise - I have gotten myself into my routine. Mondays and Fridays are my off days. Tues/Wed/Thurs, I get up early and either do the treadmill or do my Slim in 6 DVD. Sat/Sun, Rob and I hit the track early AM. Last Sat we went for a bike ride instead and did a 14 mile round trip one. That was fun! A few weeks ago, I ran around the track for 3 laps w/o stopping.....last Sunday I ran my first mile w/o stopping! I was sooo excited! I had never in my whole life ran a mile w/o stopping. It was awesome!

On the NSBB, I help out Amy Smith with the BIM and "NS on our own" posts where we post pics as well. For her bday, I also made her a great cookbook by snatching all her recipes off her blog and the food posts. Also, she gave me access to her photobucket account w/o knowing why I wanted to see pics of her NYC photo shoot last Nov. I'm sooo sneaky! I used all those pics in her book too and then had people off the board send me emails for the finishing touch. She has a link on her blog to the website I use to make it. When you have a chance, go check it out. I did an awesome job, if I may toot my own horn! LOL...

Ok, must get back to work now!

Have a great weekend!

PS - Barry - thanks for the nice comment on the last post!! And yes, I do "see things" before I take pics. Even just driving around and looking at billboards, etc, I think how I would have designed it better. LOL...I have a BA in Graphic Design and I have been a professional photographer in my other life. ;) Even the flags on the 4th of July - we were on our way back from the track that morning (did 3 miles that day!) and I saw the flags all lined up...I told Rob as soon as we took our showers, I wanted to bring the camera back and take pics of them all lined up. I just liked the way it looked.

4 comments:

Flavia said...

Hey girly! Chin up with work, that blows!!! I hate things like that so that makes me too lenient when I give reviews.... but I wouldn't make someone that works for me feel so crappy. I hope it gets better and he stops trying to shove you out the door.

On food and exercise: You rock!! Fantastic job! Keep up the great work and enjoy yourself ;). I keep trying to get my hubby to join me on exercise more but he doesn't :(.

Anyhow...can't wait for your "real" post on Sunday if this wasn't one lol.

Hugs!!

Emily said...

Oh Jan, I'm so sorry about work. That sounds quite unfair. I would be pissed too if I were working my butt off and got a 3.

Great job on food and exercise. You will get in the 160's in no time flat. My scale isn't moving either, and I'm about to commit homicide. No joke.

Bob said...

Fucking attorneys. :)

Sorry your review didn't go well. I hope it gets better for you.

Excellent job in getting back in gear with the food and exercise. The 160s are right around the corner for you. Keep it up!

Bear said...

Just had my mid-term review so I know what you mean. Sorry, it wasn't what it should have been.

Congrats on 100% run and 5lbs! As for the exercise, you are blowing me out of the water! 14 miles on a bike is not something I can do, I'm happy to do 7 or 8 miles so good for you!

As for the pics, my problem is timing. I can't tell you how many pics I seem to miss by not having my camera. Moon rises, sun sets, animals in nature, you know the shots you can't get to the camera quick enough to get. I also find that when I try to go out to take pics I can never find the subject.